Auberge Transition is a feminist organization whose primary mandate is to offer shelter, information, counseling and follow-up services to women who are currently experiencing or have experienced any form of intimate partner violence.. Auberge Transition serves all women, with or without children, of all cultures and backgrounds.
Through public education, we inform the community about the nature and extent of the problem of spousal abuse, the myths and stereotypes that often surround it, and the routes available to address abuse. As such, we aim to break the isolation and inform as many people as possible that help is available at all times for women and their children.
• Answer the crisis line, provide support, information, and referrals as needed and admit women to the shelter in accordance with admission criteria.
• Assure the smooth running of the shelter
• Assist women and children in their daily activities
• Ensure the cleanliness of the home
• Conflict management
• Hand out medications to women
• Dependant on the needs of the shelter. Must be available to replace week-ends, week nights 3 to 10 & overnight 9:30 - 8:30 am. Also on statutory holidays.
• According to the salary scale in place