We are seeking a highly qualified Associate Director to manage and lead our team of employees and volunteers offering a wide range of services to women and their children affected by intimate partner abuse.
Your primary goal is to provide leadership in counselling services. You will build and motivate employees and create a workplace culture which promotes collaboration and respect amongst all employees, clients, and volunteers. You will monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization. You will develop and implement necessary service plans as needed. You will be responsible for the management of all of the organization’s human resources. You possess outstanding communication skills and experience in working in a not-for-profit or community organization.
Auberge Transition values and encourages members of marginalized groups and experiences to apply given that we aim to ensure that members of the Auberge team are as diverse as the community of women we serve.
- A graduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Bilingual, English and French
- Three or more years of supervisory experience in a non-profit social service community organization
- Experience in developing protocols and procedures is an asset
- Extensive knowledge of issues related to violence against women and their children
- Cultural competencies and knowledge of various communities and customs is an asset
- Experience in a unionized setting is an asset
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Employment package details
- Part-time contract leading to part-time permanent employment
- 3 days/week (21hrs on site)
- Accompanying benefits will be negotiated
Please note only chosen candidates will be contacted for an interview
On-call replacement counselor
Auberge Transition is a feminist organization whose primary mandate is to offer shelter, information, counseling and follow-up services to women who are currently experiencing or have experienced any form of intimate partner violence.. Auberge Transition serves all women, with or without children, of all cultures and backgrounds.
- Answer the crisis line, provide support, information, and referrals as needed and admit women to the shelter in accordance with admission criteria.
- Assure the smooth running of the shelter
- Assist women and children in their daily activities
- Ensure the cleanliness of the home
- Dependant on the needs of the shelter. Must be available to replace week-ends, week nights 3 to 10 & overnight 9:30 - 8:30 am. Must be able to replace 8/10 statutory holidays
- According to the salary scale in place