External Counselor - Intervention and Sensitization
Under the authority of the executive director, the external counselor participates in the development and achievement of the objectives of the external consultation center. Specifically, the counsellor is responsible for carrying out activities and projects relating to the intervention and prevention components with the women and the community.
1. Performs the assessment and admission of women
2. Builds supportive and trusting relationships with women
3. Listens to the expectations and needs of women
4. Provides referrals and information to women
5. Plans, organizes and pursues intervention plans for women
6. Provides support in their efforts and accompanies them as needed
7. Leads thematic meetings
8. Intervenes in crisis situations
9. Manages emergency situations
10. Offers telephone, zoom, or in-person consultations
11. Follow up on files
1. Enter the progress notes in the clients' files
2. Maintains and compiles statistics of service requests
3. Records the calls
1. Collaborates with various organizations, such as social assistance, DYP, SPVM, etc.
2. Establishes good relations with other external resources
1. Plans, organizes and animates prevention / awareness sessions adapted to the adult and youth clientele
2. Meet and collaborate with different organizations
3. Ensures the visibility of the shelter and the external center during various activities
4. Help women victims of domestic violence and dating violence to recognize themselves and seek help by disseminating awareness and education materials in the community
5. Produces intervention and awareness tools
6. List, adapt and implement intervention and awareness programs adapted to women and girls
7. Promote our services to local and regional organizations
1. Ensures the visibility and representation of the consultation center during activities initiated by local and regional partners
2. Participates in the development and improvement of the centre's promotional tools
3. Puts in place sustainable and effective means which will tend to increase the visibility of the center.
1. Represents the external center at meetings of working committees and round tables related to the problem of domestic violence and the status of women, when required.
2. Collaborates with various organizations pursuing a mission complementary to that of the center
3. Develops new partnership links with community resources
4. Compiles the statistics of the prevention / awareness component and collaborates on the activity report
5. Archive and update the centre's prevention, awareness and promotion documents
6. Any other related task
1. University degree in a helping relationship discipline
2. Minimum experience of 2 to 3 years in animation and intervention with adult clients
3. Knowledge of the problem of domestic violence as well as the feminist approach
4. French and English, oral and written. A third language would be an asset.
5. Communication and public relations skills
6. Ability to work in a team
7. Ability to make decisions with a minimum of information
8. Ability to manage time
9. Discretion and confidentiality
Schedule 35 hours per week
Monday to Friday 9am-4pm
Schedule may vary according to the needs of the women
Renumeration : according to salary scale
On-call replacement counselor
Auberge Transition is a feminist organization whose primary mandate is to offer shelter, information, counseling and follow-up services to women who are currently experiencing or have experienced any form of intimate partner violence.. Auberge Transition serves all women, with or without children, of all cultures and backgrounds.
- Answer the crisis line, provide support, information, and referrals as needed and admit women to the shelter in accordance with admission criteria.
- Assure the smooth running of the shelter
- Assist women and children in their daily activities
- Ensure the cleanliness of the home
- Dependant on the needs of the shelter. Must be available to replace week-ends, week nights 3 to 10 & overnight 9:30 - 8:30 am. Must be able to replace 8/10 statutory holidays
- According to the salary scale in place